Mainframe Infrastructure Engineer
Want to break into technology, but don’t know where to start? Want to start a career in an area where experts are becoming more and more valuable? Is training too expensive? If these resonate with you, we should talk! Spectrum offers you the opportunity to get free training WHILE working fulltime and earning! We are hiring and training an entry level Infrastructure Engineer to become our next mainframe infrastructure expert. This is great opportunity to learn a skill where experts are becoming more and more rare and are sought after more than ever.
As our Infrastructure expert, you will be trained in all required aspects of IBM z/OS mainframe infrastructure.
What will you be doing?
- Perform CICS System Administration functions, using CICS tools, and CICS explorer.
- Create/deploy alerts and monitor CICS regions
- Product installs using SMP/e.
- CICS Transaction Gateway processing and product usage.
- Provide engineering leadership an oversight on design, engineering and development of prescribed information technology solutions.
- Manage the troubleshooting and resolution of infrastructure compatibility issues based on system architecture, project requirements, and customer expectations.
- Recently graduated from a post-secondary education in a science or mathematics discipline
- Strong organization skills and flexibility when managing multiple priorities
- Demonstrate the ability to learn quickly and work in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Ability to work under strict deadlines
We understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know in your application cover letter. Candidates must be eligible to legally work without sponsorship now or in the future.
Or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and include a cover letter, CV, transcripts and your salary expectations. Do it different and get started with our career program. We look forward to meeting you!