Mainframe Storage Engineer
Want to break into technology, but don’t know where to start? Is training too expensive? Want a stable career in a long-proven technology that has stood the test of time? If these resonate with you, we should talk! Spectrum offers you the opportunity to get free training WHILE working fulltime and earning! We are hiring and training an entry level Mainframe Storage Engineer in CT. This is great opportunity to learn a highly needed skill in a technology that is just too big to be replaced.
We’re looking for a Storage Engineer to work in a critial role. Through our paid apprentice program, you will expand on existing skills, develop new ones, and have the chance to practice it all on the job. You should be detail oriented, a natural problem solver, and able to manage multiple simultaneous projects. You should be extremely passionate about what you do and what you build. As an innovator, we are looking for someone who will work hard to be the best and is as passionate about their work as we are about ours.
What will you be doing?
- Oversee and monitor the Mainframe production environment, ensuring that backup/recovery integrity and performance is maintained
- Support all disaster recovery initiatives, including restoration of data, catalogs, tape environment, and application testing/troubleshooting.
- Monitor storage performance, backup/recovery operations, analyzes problems or malfunctions and takes corrective action and/or coordinates corrective action with systems partners and/or vendors.
- Provide reliability and availability for mainframe tape media, resource planning and general administration.
- Proactively manages the storage environment through performance monitoring procedures, and troubleshooting.
- Manage tape inventory and storage pool utilization.
- Actively monitors and implements actions in the Storage Management production environment ensuring the fulfillment of SLA’s.
- Responsible for documentation of all Storage Management activities.
- Provide off-hour and late coverage support for problem situations, scheduled maintenance, DR Tests.
- Provide productive and consistent support for all Team Leader requests.
- Follows established technical direction, implementation of Storage Management technology operational processes, and management requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering preferred
- 0 to 3 years‘ experience in an Information Technology role
- Strong desire to learn
- Working knowledge of high and low level programming languages
- Understanding of infrastructure product management system storage
- Ability to analyze and creatively solve problems
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Effective communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Initiative, adaptability, and willingness to learn
- Detail oriented
We understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know in your application cover letter. Candidates must be eligible to legally work without sponsorship now or in the future.
Or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and include a cover letter, CV, transcripts and your salary expectations. Do it different and get started with our career program. We look forward to meeting you!