We’re looking for a Storage Engineer to work in a critial role. Through our paid apprentice program, you will expand on existing skills, develop new ones, and have the chance to practice it all on the job. You should be detail oriented, a natural problem solver, and able to manage multiple simultaneous projects. You should be extremely passionate about what you do and what you build. As an innovator, we are looking for someone who will work hard to be the best and is as passionate about their work as we are about ours.
What will you be doing?
- Oversee and monitor the Mainframe production environment, ensuring that backup/recovery integrity and performance is maintained
- Support all disaster recovery initiatives, including restoration of data, catalogs, tape environment, and application testing/troubleshooting.
- Monitor storage performance, backup/recovery operations, analyzes problems or malfunctions and takes corrective action and/or coordinates corrective action with systems partners and/or vendors.
- Provide reliability and availability for mainframe tape media, resource planning and general administration.
- Proactively manages the storage environment through performance monitoring procedures, and troubleshooting.
- Manage tape inventory and storage pool utilization.
- Actively monitors and implements actions in the Storage Management production environment ensuring the fulfillment of SLA’s.
- Responsible for documentation of all Storage Management activities.
- Provide off-hour and late coverage support for problem situations, scheduled maintenance, DR Tests.
- Provide productive and consistent support for all Team Leader requests.
- Follows established technical direction, implementation of Storage Management technology operational processes, and management requirements