Have some experience with computer software, networking or operating systems and want to get into the ever-growing cyber security industry? If this resonates, let’s connect.
We are looking for an individual with positive and can-do attitude eager to learn. If you possess the right attitude and aptitude, through our paid apprenticeship, we will turn you into a cyber security professional. This is your opportunity to focus on IT Security Operations and become a technical security leader.
As a Security Analyst, you will be responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of various enterprise security functions. You will work closely and collaboratively with a team of security experts within infrastructure, network and application areas.
What will you be doing?
- Proactively search for threats and vulnerabilities within infrastructure, network, and application environments
- Review and analyze security, network, and system events, log files, alerts, reports, etc.
- Create incident tickets and manage threats until resolved
- Coordinate escalations and collaborate with internal technology teams to ensure timely resolution of issues
- Perform system maintenance and maintain current documentation
- Provide resolution plans for system and network issues
- Report common and repeat problems (trend analysis) to management and propose process and technical improvements
- Recent post-secondary graduate preferably in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, Mathematics, or similar
- Understand the security threat landscape security threat and attack countermeasures
- Experience with Pen testing
- Command line knowledge of Operating System and logs
- UNIX, Linux (Kali), Windows Operating Systems
- Understand Network
- Basic knowledge of Network Devices, and their logs is an asset
- Network Connectivity and Protocols (TCP/UDP/SMTP/FTP)
- Managed Switch/Router/Firewall configuration
- Understand System Intrusion Detection or Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS)
- Ability to conduct in-depth forensic analytical studies and investigations
- Ability to establish effective working relationships and collaborative work approaches with both internal and external peers
We understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know in your application cover letter. Candidates must be eligible to legally work without sponsorship now or in the future.
Or send us an email at email@example.com and include a cover letter, CV, transcripts and your salary expectations. Do it different and get started with our career program. We look forward to meeting you!