Do you have a knack for finding issues everyone else missed? Do you have exceptional attention to detail? Then join our engineering team as Quality Assurance Tester.
Through our paid apprentice including “on the job” practical application, you will be responsible for testing a variety of software and applications needed to support the business. You will be responsible for advocating for the quality and usability of software and applications and be a strong partner to our Business and Engineering stakeholders to deliver exceptional products.
What will you be doing?
- Ensure that new and existing product upgrades are tested and validated prior to their release. Design and create test conditions and scripts to address business and technical use cases.
- Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts.
- Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes
- Execute and analyze automation test results
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with business/technical teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution.
- Document, track and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Support production deployment of applications and perform validation testing requirements
- Recent post-secondary graduate preferably in Computer Science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, Mathematics, or similar field
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills in dealing with software systems
- Strong attention to detail
- Some knowledge of functional testing including test management and execution tools, with understanding of data analysis would be an asset;
- Understanding of software development lifecycle methodologies and QA methodologies
- Some knowledge in defect management and defect management tools [e.g. QC, Jira, Bugzilla] would be asset
- Some knowledge of in Waterfall and Agile/Scrum Methodologies
- Able to operate with a high level of autonomy
- Able to manage multiple (sometimes competing) deadlines and priorities while maintaining structure and organization in daily work activities
We understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know in your application cover letter. Candidates must be eligible to legally work without sponsorship now or in the future.
Or send us an email at email@example.com and include a cover letter, CV, transcripts and your salary expectations. Do it different and get started with our career program. We look forward to meeting you!