Robot Technical Support Engineer
Want to break into ever evolving world of robotics but do not know where to start? Would you like to find an interesting robotics job without having to drive to Boston! If these resonate with you, we should talk as Spectrum is hiring Robotics Technical Support Engineer. Spectrum will pay for all training you need to be a great engineer! We are not an agency. Your will work for Spectrum fulltime as a salaried employee.
As a Robotics Support Engineer expert, you will be trained in all required aspects robot network troubleshooting. You will work with cutting edge technology to assist robots deployed at customer sites to ensure continuous robot operations. We are looking for team-oriented individual who love troubleshooting, performing root cause analysis, and providing great customer service.
What will you be doing?
- Constantly monitor robots to assist with robot navigation utilizing remote control tools.
- Document accurate details regarding robot operations on a daily status report.
- Create tickets when issues are encountered and or escalate to a Tier 2 support team member.
- Work with Tier 2 technical support to identify opportunities to streamline robot operation.
- Collaborate with Tier 2 support to ensure customers are kept informed regarding robot status.
- Answer customer support calls and triage when necessary.
- Escalate issues that need resolution to a Tier 2 team member.
- Associates degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Ability to follow technical instructions on how to resolve complex issues.
- Demonstrated experience with ROS (Robot Operating System) or a strong desire to learn.
- Dedication to root cause analysis to improve team efficiencies.
- A passion for supporting externally facing customers.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and collaborate with team members.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written, verbal and communications, as well as strong listening skills.
- Strong multi-tasking skillset.
- Previous Call Center Technical experience preferred.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Experience with Linux preferred.
You must be willing to work a rotating off hours schedule. The shift rotation is a 12-hour shift on a “3/2” rotating shift schedule. The current shift would be 7am to 7pm for 3 days, then you are off for 2 days, then work 2 days, and take 3 days off. This schedule will include working 2 weekends per month.